ClassyU

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

My Opinion Isn't (A) Right

The Socratic seminar last Friday was a new experience for me and I really enjoyed it. It was interesting to hear everyone's different opinions on the article "Right to Your Opinion".

After reading the article, I did not really agree with Jamie Whyte, the author. I believe  that everyone does have a right to their opinion because people cannot force one to change their opinion. They can, however, influence one to change their opinion but never do they force them to change it. The section where Whyte talks about a person having an opinion that the street is clear to cross, but it is not true for there is a car coming, is where I got confused. I do not think that the word "opinion" is used correctly. I feel like that "opinion" the person crossing the street has is really an inference not an opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment