ClassyU

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Green Eggs and Hamlet

A) I do not know very much about Hamlet, the "Melancholy Dane". However, from his nickname I can get a sense that he was a depressed, gloomy person. 

B) I know a lot about Shakespeare as I studied his writing all throughout my sophomore year. William Shakespeare was an English poet and playwright who married Anne Hathaway. He is known as the greatest dramatist who ever lived and he got this title from the 38 plays he wrote. 

C) So many students involuntarily frown when they hear the name "Shakespeare" because his writing is very confusing. So many people complain about reading his works because nobody can understand exactly what he is saying. 

D) To make studying this play an amazing experience that we'll never forget, I think we should not only read the play, but also watch the play so we are able to see everything acted out. Shakespeare's writing was meant to be performed so I believe that watching the play being performed will help us to better understand the play as a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment