ClassyU

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Thoughts on Hamlet (in progress)

A lot has happened since the beginning of Hamlet. My opinion of Hamlet has changed because at first I felt really bad for him but after he murdered Polonius and acted so nonchalant about it, I lost some respect for him. He has been through a lot like finding out his father had been murdered by his uncle who them married his mother. He was then visited by the ghost of his dad urging him to seek revenge against Claudius. This, however, shouldn't take over Hamlet's life. I feel like he is so wrapped up into avenging his father's death that he is oblivious to the way he is treating people like Ophelia, for example. I predict more chaos in the next acts. I believe more lives will be lost and Hamlet will do anything he possibly can to avenge his father regardless of the consequences. 

No comments:

Post a Comment