ClassyU

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Brave New Essay Topic

Essay Prompt: Compare and contrast our modern world with the world described in Brave New World.

After today's journal topic, I really started to think of all the differences and similarities between the two worlds. I feel like I would be able to write a really good essay with this prompt. First, I would compare the human characteristics of the people today with Huxley's characters. The main difference would be how humans today are mostly born through childbirth while the characters from Brave New World were made and conditioned in test tubes. Next, I would talk about the effects of technology to both societies, as well as the types of governments from each world.

As I was researching more information online, I came across a really cool article that lists some of the predictions Huxley made about the future that are actually occuring today.
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/brendanoneill2/100247159/five-things-that-brave-new-world-got-terrifyingly-right/

1 comment:

  1. I like your topic, especially because it ties in more than just analyzing the book at face value, but on how it analyzes the book through the interdisciplinary lenses that Dr. Preston likes us to analyze things through.

    ReplyDelete